In respect to K-lite - be careful
I am also having the same problem. A video created in Videoscribe in both mov and wmv formats is hitting this error. This is a work computer so I can't just download loads of bits from the internet to try and resolve the issue. Can someone explain why I could import the same video in version 8 but not in version 9?
1) upload file to Google Drive
2) Open file in G Drive
3) When you open it in Google Drive use the 'Open With' tab and then convert file to Mp4 (or whatever file type you need) using t'Convert Video Online' option.
4) Convert file
5) Upload that file to Camtasia studio.
Hope this helps you like it helped me-
To start off, my project required me to have other users log into windows for them to record their processes on how to use our new software. I thought I could just grab their file and move it to my profile.
After that, I would get the error about "it is either an unsupported media type. . . ", and I had 7 of these videos I needed to get done.
SOLUTION: -file permissions on the file itself-
-Right click the file,
-go to properties,
-go to the security tab, click 'Edit',
-enter your username (making sure you are on the network or VPN for it to resolve),
-after it is listed under 'group or username:' click your username and make sure you have full control from the permissions below,
This worked for me, and I really hope it works for you.
Solution : I did install WO MIc Client and driver installed for some reason recently. I uninstalled it and exited it from system tray. It works fine now. able to record and import and produce any file
1.Uninstall the camtasia and keep your files.
2.Install Camtasia again.
3.Restart your PC.
4.Open camtasia and record your screen as a test.
5. Save it by pressing F10 to stop and save recording.
6.If successful you should see your recording in the tray ready for you to edit.
Hello there !
I had the same error message for my 8 last created .camrec files after my computer crashed.
After days of investigation and testing different things, I was able to successfully rescue 7 of those files !!!!
This Is What I Did That Worked For Me:
1. Renamed the .camrec files as .avi files.
2. Followed the steps explained in this video to fix the .avi files for FREE:
3. If this also helped you please:
1) Subscribe to that channel named Back To School
2) Subscribe to my channel following this link:
4. I appreciate your support !