Adding projects produced in Camtasia to a SharePoint server

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
After following the instructions given in this video link: 

https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/203729918-Camtasia-Windows-Uploading-produced-files-...

We're not having any success in getting the customized videos to render and are beginning to wonder if something has changed.  At this point, the emedded files produced with the .mp4 have been uploaded to the Site Pages directory and called on directly (which results in an infinite loading screen) and we have placed the embedded files created into the Site Assets library, modified the .html extensions and code behind to reflect aspx, and loaded just the <video_title>.aspx file into the Site Page directly;  this results in a 404 error.  

Has there been any testing done with this?  Can anyone point me into the right direction for a proper resource?  We've tried webparts, wiki pages, etc., etc.  I am the site administrator and have given myself the full control and modified permissions to allow for custom code.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Photo of glen.decker52

glen.decker52

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

  • 1
Photo of glen.decker52

glen.decker52

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
After a lot of digging, I have found the answer.  As a couple of people have pointed out, there have been some changes to Sharepoint that made this more difficult, but not impossible.

The trick to call custom pages was to create a sub-site for the Sharepoint site, do my work within the sub-site, then call the custom page from the main site.  Here are the steps that I followed:

 1. Produced external content (html, css, script, etc.)

 2. Created a sub-site within the Sharepoint primary site.

 3. Created a Document Library in the sub-site (I named mine 'Video Content').

 4. Created a directory structure in the Video Content library

 5. Renamed my html files to aspx files.

 6. Modified the source code for the iframe src attribute in the primary aspx file to call the entire URL of the 'smart player' aspx file.  This included the protocol, site, structure, etc. 

    https://mytenant.sharepoint.com/sub-site-name/document-library/internal-structure/called-file.aspx

 7. Imported my modified primary aspx file using SharePoint designer (I found the code could also be embedded once it was modified if 'Custom Code' was allowed).

 8. With the new .aspx file in the Site Pages section, I was able to link that page using a Web Part from the Primary Site.

I hope this helps someone else struggling.