Currently in Camtasia 9, but I've been building vids in Camtasia for about 5 years now.
I'm still looking for ways to improve my process, so here's my scenario:
I often need to patch over my video screen captures to cover sensitive information, client data, etc. To accomplish this:
- I create the proper patch in a photo editor
- Place it on the timeline above my video.
When I need to zoom in to show something closer:
- I split my video before and after the zoom
- Then group the portion of the video in question with the patch (e.g. Group 1 in image)
- I then add the zoom on the group.
Everything looks great, and my patches zoom beautifully along with the screen capture. However, I then need to align the next section of video with the new visual properties of the first.
The problem is that I can't copy the group properties and paste them onto the video, so I usually end up putting sticky notes on my screen and adjusting properties until they align. This is silly, and I'm hoping some of you gurus have an easier method for me.