As soon as I install Camtasia the fonts in Google Chrome becomes too bold.

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
As soon as I install Camtasia the fonts in Google Chrome becomes too bold.
https://www.screencast.com/t/1z8Hms2P
Photo of ankish

ankish

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of ExpertNovice

ExpertNovice

  • 352 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
This may have something to do with how Chrome hooks into the system.  Chrome was accidentally installed on a computer of mine.  It was installed within 30 minutes.  It took me over two months to regain full functionality.  The hardest part was getting the system to allow opening a link from any Microsoft Office product.  In all cases the registry entries had to be manually found and changed from pointing to Chrome.  Not all entries could be changed but no additional effects were noticed.
Photo of ankish

ankish

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you guide me how to do this? This is what tech smith people have to say → https://cdn-enterprise.discourse.org/sitepoint/community/uploads/default/optimized/3X/8/0/809baa41d6...
Photo of Bernd Jaeger

Bernd Jaeger

  • 52 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of Google Chrome
https://www.revouninstaller.com/
Photo of ExpertNovice

ExpertNovice

  • 352 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes

Here are the notes kept after removing notes.  I think the notes were for Windows 7.  I didn't know about Revo at that time but used it about a year ago and it is great.


Chrome was installed without my permission.  Uninstalling prevented opening links from Word and Outlook.  The solution was to find all instances of "ChromeHTML", sans the quotes, and change the value to "htmlfile", sans the quotes.  (The following had to be done for EVERY effected registry entry.

However, some entries could not be changed.  To change the others:.
  • Right Click the folder containing the key with the value to be changed.
  • Select "Permissions"
  • Click Advanced
  • Select Tab Permissions
  • Make a note of the administrator that is denied.  Mine was "Deny" AdminName (SystemName\AdminName)
  • Get back to the Select "Permissions" page, if necessary close and start over.
  • Select "Permissions"
  • select the administrator noted  (ie: "Deny" AdminName (SystemName\AdminName))
  • Click Advanced
  • Select tab Permissions
  • Select the administrator noted  (ie: "Deny" AdminName (SystemName\AdminName))
  • Change "Set Value" from Deny to Allow
  • Ok to exit.
  • Change the value
  • I changed the value back to Deny

Additional information.  I made a backup of the registry then made a note of everything changed. Be very careful editing the registry, if you have to.