Audio Skips in Rendered Video

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
Trying to render a video file that keeps rendering the audio file with skips. It's a static video file for a meditation, 50 mins long. The audio is perfect and sounds perfect when listened to on the timeline. But as soon as I render the static video, the audio no longer renders properly and skips split seconds of sounds here and there. I tried re-rendering over and over (which takes a long time at 720px) and while it may fix the previous skipping, it creates new skips in other parts of the audio.

I didn't change any of the audio settings (mp3). Background is a mere static picture with some static text. I don't work on anything else while video is rendering.

Note that I have this happening for almost all of my longer video files. PS: I just upgraded to the newest update version a couple of days ago.

Any ideas?
Photo of corefreedom

corefreedom

  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • super frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of Timbre4

Timbre4, Champion

  • 649 Posts
  • 252 Reply Likes

Hello - sounds like VBR (variable bit rate) when the audio misbehaves. If this is the case, your clip(s) can be converted to CBR (constant bit rate) VBR is used for recordings made on Apple devices but not limited to that.

If this is the case, software such as Handbrake can be used for conversion: http://download.cnet.com/HandBrake/3000-2194_4-10808250.html

Photo of corefreedom

corefreedom

  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you, Timbre4, for responding.

I don't want to import/convert the file to any other program.  This should be rendered EXACTLY the way it is on the timeline, which it currently does not. I'm hoping Camtasia can help shed some light on why it misbehaves like this.
Photo of Bob Lewis

Bob Lewis

  • 353 Posts
  • 174 Reply Likes
I had audio that did not render properly, a while back,  also. I did not know what VBR & CBR were then.
When I did some research and discovered that VBR & CBR audio existed and how it worked I then discovered my audio was VBR.
I converted the audio to CBR and then had no more problems when rendering.
At least it worked for me in my particular situation and it was relatively easy to do.
(Edited)