Blur 100% opacity is not really 100% camtasia 9

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Camtasia 9 seems to have some bugs to work out.  I imported a camtasia 8 workflow and am working with blur.  The blur at 100% opacity is still only blurring at about 40% opacity....so you can still see what the user has blurred out

But, if I create a NEW blur object, the blur is a true 100%

i suspect that cam9 is using a different blur algorithm than cam8?  This means that the import is not working correctly.

Other bugs include:
- sound files not found, despite project being imported from camtasia 8 file :
- inability to import Zipped assets exported from Camtasia 8 or any zipped assets at all into Library

Maybe it would be better for me to finish existing project in Cam8, and only start new project in cam9?   Still frustrating though.

One thing that did save me, is that i saved the camproj as a separate file prior to using it in camtasia 9.  So I have the original camprog file preserved to open again in camtasia 8 :)
Photo of 4evermaat

4evermaat

  • 89 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of forevermaat

forevermaat

  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok.  I inspected the properties sub-tab further.  At first it was on a different sub-tab so I could not see opacity correctly.



It seems like the blurs were all imported with 80% opacity.   After moving it to 100%, it blurred out the necessary text.

This was a pain, because some of the blurs had animations on them.  So I had to click each individual blur item, choose a spot before and after the animation, and then re-adjust blur to 100%

But if cam9 read the settings from the cam8 camproj file properly, this shouldn't have been necessary.
(Edited)
Photo of Joe Morgan

Joe Morgan

  • 5638 Posts
  • 2924 Reply Likes
Hello forevermat,

I'm curious what version of Camtasia 8 did you create your project in?

The reason I ask is that I'm running Camtasia 8.6.0 Build 2054.
I created a project with a 15 second mp4 and added two blur callouts at 100% for a test.

When I opened and converted the project into Camtasia 9 the blur was properly set to 100% on both callouts.
I ask and test because this is the kind of information that may help TechSmith sort this out.

Regards,Joe

Photo of 4evermaat

4evermaat

  • 89 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
I am using 8.5.2 .     I might upgrade later on and see what happens. 
Photo of Joe Morgan

Joe Morgan

  • 5638 Posts
  • 2924 Reply Likes
I'm not seeing much difference between 8.5.2 and 8.6.0

Here's the update info for 8.6 and 8.5.2

Version 8
25 August, 2015: Camtasia Studio 8.6.0
  • Added Vimeo production preset
  • Added support for 24-bit and 32-bit audio decoding
  • Fixed issue related to AVCHD
  • Added capability to extract media streams from TREC recordings
  • Improvements and bug fixes for the TechSmith Smart Player
  • Fixed some scenarios that resulted in a crash on start-up
  • Bug fixes for YouTube and Google Drive outputs
  • Other minor bugs fixes

 

12 May, 2015: Camtasia Studio 8.5.2

  • Fix for when Recorder tools > options menu is not working correctly on touch screens
  • Fix for audio popping issue with webcam and mic recordings
  • Bug fixes and improvements

You can download and install a new or an older version from this link.

https://www.techsmith.com/download/oldversions


Thanks for the feedback
Regards,Joe