I'm trying out Camtasia 3 and am compiling a list of what might be minor issues for others, but I find are huge drains on our capture and edit process. All of these were present in Camtasia 2.
- There is no longer a "Duration" visible for a project. I have to drag the slider to the right and figure it out manually.
- The lack of Marker thumbnails in the timeline is a huge issue. Those thumbnails provided a simple way to quickly spot and navigate to specific sections.
- Maybe I'm the only one, but I hugely miss the ability to quickly select an area using Shift + dragging the playhead. Having to be more precise by grabbing the red or green handles isn't as convenient.
- When I make a new marker, the name of the marker isn't automatically selected so I can change it. So instead of: Make marker, start typing name, press enter - now I have to make marker, mouse over to marker field in properties, double-click to select, enter new name and press enter.
- The horizontal slider bar a the bottom of the screen is too short. It's not as forgiving when trying to click and drag it to navigate.