With the release of Camtasia 3 for Mac I had hoped to find the same features as in Camtasia 9 for Windows. Although the UI is now much more consistent, I'm still missing some key features on the Mac side:
- Produce Timeline Selection As...
I'm often recording whole meetings with camcorder, which I then cut up in small pieces. On Windows that is pretty easy using this option, but on Mac I can't do this.
- The Library is completely missing on Mac.
The Library is a very useful and often used feature. On Windows I was able to create my own library of clips which I could very easily use in my projects. I created a number of assets with video, music, text and animations. All I can do now on Mac is save these in a separate project and copy paste from there. Not the most user friendly way compared to the Windows version.
- A number of transitions are missing in the Mac version compared to Windows:
- Circle Stretch
- Page Roll
- Page Turn
- Highlight and Blur Annotations are inconsistent between Mac and Windows
- Sketch Motion Annotations are inconsistent between Mac and Windows
- Can't add Windows Keystrokes Annotations on Mac and vice versa
- Zoom-n-Pan Animation is missing on Mac. This can only be achieved using a Custom Animation.