Camtasia 9 Windows Audio and Timeline clip still get out of Sync

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
I had this issue with Studio Version 8 and the 'accepted' solution at the time (best available) was to wait for the next release; my understanding was that it was a bug, and was being resolved. Now with the dawn of Studio 9, I still experience the same issues.

The longer the recording, and the more splices and segments you clip out, the worse it gets. Essentially the audio and visual timeline no longer line up quite right, making it way less than professional. I'm referring to videos that are only about 15 or so minutes long MAX. I don't see that as a terribly long recording and I don't see making shorter clips a really viable solution.

Is there any new discussion about this? I scoured the boards with no luck.
Photo of Nadia Munro

Nadia Munro

  • 68 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of jorlando2001

jorlando2001

  • 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
I think I might have diagnosed the problem, and I would be interested to see if someone can do an experiment to confirm it.

I have the same problem when I record narration in Audacity and then layer on the images to match it in Camtasia.  But I don't have that when I record a screencast.  The difference, I think, has to do with whether the audio is recorded at a variable or fixed bit rate.  When I save the Audacity audio as an MP3 with a variable bit rate, I have the sync issue, but not when I save it with a fixed bit rate.

Try converting your audio to an Audacity file and save it with a fixed bit rate to see if that works.

John
Photo of Eric Pearson

Eric Pearson

  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
5 stars for that response jorlando! Worked like a charm for me and saved my a$$ by allowing me to meet my deadline. It was SO frustrating the way camtasia would drop pieces of my audio..I had half my project done in ver9, and was going to be forced to work the other half in ver8 (which does not have this audio issue for some reason). Fixed bit rate was the fix - (its called 'constant' in my version of Audacity and I lowered the quality to 192 - it was set to very high 320 by default- . Thanks again!
Photo of parfy3c

parfy3c

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had the same problem using Audacity MP3s wiht a varriable bit rate. Once I re-exported the files with CONSTANT bit rate, it worked great. Whats was odd, was I could use the audio files fine in other video editing software.

Thanks for posting your solution. Worked like a champ for me!
Photo of Alberto Sánchez-Reyes

Alberto Sánchez-Reyes

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, it worked!