Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving because version 8 was initially launched a year ago.
It is our policy that if you purchase a product and a major release comes out within 30 days, you get the new version for free. We do not have a set release schedule for Camtasia Studio, so I am not sure when the next major version will be released. However, we are in active development.
Furthermore, you can get a sense of our past release cycle here: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/his...
We also support previous versions of the software as well, so we won't leave you high and dry no matter what you decide.
I should mention that upgrades receive a discount and we have a maintenance plan. This isn't really my specialty, but you can learn more here: https://store.techsmith.com/maintenan... or, I can help you get in touch with Customer Service.
One last thing--Have you tried CS 7? You can run the trial along side CS 6 so you don't have to uninstall your current version. You should give it a shot if you haven't. The change and new capability between these versions is very dramatic and you can see full details in the first link I shared.
The site went live less than an hour ago. The emails will be going out sometime this morning. The trial and full versions use the same installer, so go ahead and download it and try it out! You can always enter your key later.
Camtasia Studio 8.0.3 released today! While not everything is addressed in this release that customers have requested, we did address many highly requested features, including support for displaying the full audio waveform, under video captioning, and setting a duration for extend frame. Here is a list of what's new:
- Made lower volume levels more distinguishable on the timeline audio waveform
- Arrow keys now scroll the playhead instead of the timeline
- Tooltips now show for locked media
- Improved ability to scroll the timeline while playing
- Added ability to specify duration when extending a frame
- Adding ripple moving and trimming of media on the timeline
- Inserting space on the timeline by holding shift and dragging the playhead
- Added option to include under video captions in a variety of outputs
- Improved audio editing for timeline selections
- Keyframes now automatically fit in available space when added to media
- Improved messaging when uploading media to private or password protected folder on Screencast.com
- Fixed an issue that caused extended frames to show incorrect cursor effects
- Added ability to set the default animation duration to instant
- Fixed an issue causing table of contents to not be initially visible
- Improved memory usage and performance on the timeline
- Fixed issues causing CS7 project upgrades to fail
- Additional bug fixing
Here is a video to explore what's new in 8.0.3: http://www.screencast.com/t/QsrLLpZRIk9
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.
- Under Consideration
- 8050 Conversations
- 1305 Followers