ERROR: The Project file cannot be opened. Make sure the selected file is a valid .camproj file.

  • 15
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Please help!

I have recreated my Camtasia video three times, and it's driving me nuts. When I try to save my project, it goes smoothly. I even exported to zip files just to make sure.

But when I open up the saved camproj files, and even when I use the "import zipped project..." I get this same error. It looks like a valid camproj file, so I feel like this error message is catching some other error instead.

Also, when I was completed with my video and tried to publish, an error popped up then as well. My project includes a few of the built-in effects (transitions, audio edits, zoom n pan, callouts), mp3 files, jpegs, and screencapture vids. I am using the Trial version of V8.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thanks,

Sami
Photo of Sami

Sami

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated!

Posted 8 years ago

  • 15
Photo of Brett

Brett

  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Photo of Brett

Brett

  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
lol Wasn't the desired effect but at least it helped salvage your recordings! I'm not familiar with using this program on a Mac (when you mention plist that's where my mind goes -> mac) so I'm not so savvy on the coding in that version. But like you said, at least you have saved the meat of your project! Happy to help!
Photo of Alex Scioli

Alex Scioli

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I'm on a Mac. I should have mentioned that. Not perfect, but I'm way better off now then I was. Many, many thanks!
Photo of Brett

Brett

  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Very welcome!
Photo of Dave O'Rourke

Dave O'Rourke, Senior Software Engineer

  • 1460 Posts
  • 435 Reply Likes
Please note that version 8.0.4 is now available, and it fixes the issue shown in Brett's screenshot without the need to hand-edit the XML.
Photo of Frogoggy

Frogoggy

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hope it helps:

I don't know anything about XML, Codes, Programming, etc. But I noticed the Line "CSMLData" was missing in my valid .camproj file. (I opened my problem-file with notepad and compared it with a new and empty file).
Make sure to set < or > right.

Projekt_MetaData.....
/Projekt_MetaData

CSMLData_ <<< that solved the Problem
GoProject id=....

That fixed the error on my file I worked on since days!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.