Everything looks great when I preview it on the timeline in Camtasia but when I
try exporting it locally (as .mp4), the file is nothing but black screen with
no audio (is still the same length though).
The file size ends up to be between 2mb and 4mb (it should be well over 100mb).
I have tried changing settings (profile - baseline & High)
Would really appreciate any help on this - I have a client depending on it.
I’m running Mac OS 10.12.5
Try doing a 'share ->Local File' then in file format, try "Export to MP4" then click options and on the top left area pull down the "Dimensions" and choose one of the preset dimensions - ie 1280x720, or 1920x1080, and see if that changes things for you.
Thanks for your feedback.
I've tried changing resolutions (to standard defaults) and all other possible variations of the settings - no luck unfortunately.
One thing I have noticed though is that whenever I open my .cmproj file, it is alerting me that the assets that I've used in the project are missing (I go through and re-link them again).
Not sure why this is happening as they're all on the same drive and I am not moving or deleting any of the files.
I'm thinking that the link to the asset files is not able to be read when it is exporting the mp4, hence an empty file.
I'll try calling support.
I ended up exporting the file (File --> Export for Windows...).
I unzipped the file that was created and opened the project (all assets were linked) and exported/shared locally to mp4 ... bingo!
I did notice that when I unzipped the file, the project and all the assets were located in the same folder - I'm assuming that Camtasia looks for the assets in the same folder as the project when opening the file.
Thanks for all your suggestions!
Rendering suddenly makes the laptop's ventilators speed up (not before)
Version 2018.0.8 (105822) - latest update
Macbook with Mojave 10.14.3 latest update
Tried with restarting my Macbook, no difference
Started new project with another video, bad luck too, it doesn't do it anymore....seems big bug
I even deleted Camtasia and downloaded it new, but still empty files after export.