Thanks for posting and have a great day.
1. Download zeranoe's FFMPEG windows binary - http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ you'll need 7-zip to extract the 7z
2. Extract FFMPEG.EXE to your Downloads folder (no subfolders). No installation.
3. Open notepad.
4. Copy these 4 lines and paste the contents::
FOR /R "." %%f IN (*.flv) DO (
"%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\fmpeg.exe" -n -i "%%~nf.flv" -b:a 384K "%%~nf.mp4"
5. Press Save As...
6. Type shell:sendto followed by a return
7. Click the drop down next to Save as Type - where it says: Text Documents (*.txt)
8. Change it to All FIles (*.*)
9. Type "Convert FLV To MP4.BAT"
10. Press Enter, exit notepad
Now all you have to do is put your FLVs in any folder, then right click one of them.
Then click or hover to send to..
Then click "Convert FLV to MP4.bat"
This will batch script convert all your FLVs in that folder using FFMPEG and delete the old FLV files.
FFMPEG.EXE can be put somewhere else, but you have to change "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\Convert\ffmpeg.exe" to its location. Keep the quotes around it if there's spaces.
To change the bitrate, change the value of 384K to something else that is an appropriate bitrate value (no commas, M should be appropriate)
To convert MP4s to MP3s you can do the same exact method but change step 4 to the following -
FOR /R "." %%f IN (*.mp4) DO (
"%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\ffmpeg.exe" -n -i "%%~nf.mp4" -b:a 384K -vn "%%~nf.mp3"
Then in step 9 change the filename to something like "Convert MP4 to MP3.bat". Always keep .bat at the end since this tells windows it's a batch script. The -vn is the change that removes the video. To keep both files you can remove the line that starts with DEL.
I hope this helps and let us know. Thanks for posting and have a great day.
Should have mentioned that.
or being that they are FLV files:
you can have it copy them to videos also by adding before the DEL LINE for better organization:
COPY /Y "%%~nf.mp4" "%userprofile%\Videos\"
COPY /Y "%%~nf.flv" "%userprofile%\Videos\"
There are probably some legit free addons, but I don't like spyware so I just use the console.
It can batch convert FLV to MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, WAV, FLAC, MKV, MPG, 3GP, MOV, DV, and etc.
Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/flv-to-mp3-converter.html
This guide applies to convert FLV to any video or audio format.
Though there are many FLV to MP4 Converter on the market, few of them work on Mac OS X computer. iDealshare VideoGo, designed to solve the cannot convert FLV to MP4 on Mac issue, has produced both Mac and Windows version for batch converting FLV to MP4 video format.
More features of the FLV to MP4 converter Mac and Windows version:
Besides converting FLV to MP4, iDealshare VideoGo has more helpful functions as below:
- Aside from convert FLV to MP4, it also can convert FLV to AVI, WMV, MOV, VOB, DV, MKV, MPEG, AVCHD, 3GP, TS, RMVB, etc. Then, the online downloaded FLV video can be played on most portable devices.
- Besides converting FLV to MP4 video format, it also can convert FLV video to MP3, WAV, WMA, RA, AIFF, AC3, M4A, etc audio format.
- Edit FLV video like add special effect to video like black and white, oil painting, line drawing, etc, trim, crop, merge, split, add or delete subtitle and define font, color, size, style of the subtitle.
- FLV to MP4 Converter Mac version can convert FLV to MP4 on Mac OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard, and Tiger.
- FLV to MP4 Converter Windows version can convert FLV to MP4 on Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista.
- Launch your web browser and go to Acethinker Online Converter
- Click ‘select files to start’, and then drag and drop your FLV video into the app.
- Click the Format drop down list, select MP4 as output format.
- Click the Convert button, the App will ask you where to save the converted file.
- Click Start the run the conversion, it will take a few minutes to finish the task. When the conversion done, you will find the converted file in the folder you set in step 4. Done.