PC at home with Camtasia 9, builds an .MP4 ±108MB
PC at work with Camtasia 9, builds an .MP4 ±495MB
- Render settings are identical on the two machines.
- Files are being written to directories on each local machine.
- PC at home is eight-core AMD (reasonable fast)
- PC at for is quad-core Intel (reasonably slow (and older))
I need to know if the speed of the processor and machine are somehow causing this to happen, or there is some other bug in your software.
No, the speed of the processor and machine are unlikely to cause any difference in render size. It's more likely that the render settings are somehow different. Can you post screenshots of your render settings?
Also, you could use MediaInfo to view the detailed properties of the 2 files, and compare them. Sometimes this helps identify where the extra size is coming from. Screenshots might be helpful here too.
Extract #3, 1 minute 28 seconds, 1920*1080, size a massive 234,034kb
Extract #4, 1 minute 26 seconds, 1920*1080, size a more reasonable 15,221kb
The difference is that Windows shows the data rate on extract 3 as 19,842kbps (total bitrate 19,967kbps) while extract 4 is 1,320kbps/1446kbps.
First, let me apologize if I was rude in my original post.
In order to resolve my issue, I made several trials comparing results. After a close examination between settings for both projects/computers, I discovered that the quality settings when rendering were different. More specifically:
60% for the home machine
80% for the work machine
Now that's all well and good, but is there still a bug? Perhaps.
When travelling back and forth (between home and work), I would always "Export as a .Zip," then upload to G**gle drive. Once at the other location I would d/l from G**gle and start a new project, importing the .Zip file. It was though I never left home (not
One would think things would be identical, but they were not.
Using the above example, I would render an .MP4 video at home - and it would produce a smaller file size. Well, the 60% quality setting from home did not ride along with the project export to work.
Is a bug? Is this normal behavior?
Lastly and unimportantly, I spent the first thirty years of my life as a Michigander, from a time when we were called such. I also miss some of the parties from Mich. State, Ha!
Thank you again.
Camtasia remembers the last production settings you use.
So the best thing you can to is set up a matching "Custom Production Preset "on both machines. That way you just use it and avoid any conflicts.
You create them through the production menu using the wizard, after creating one it's assessable through the drop down menu in the editor without even opening the production editor.
It's also available the first page of the production wizard, but you've got to hit the back button to get to that menu these days.
I grew up and lived in Mich. for about 40 years myself, no longer there but know the State well. Lot of good memories.
See Image for Custom Preset