I'm having a very annoying problem. what, CAMTASIA Studio is not able to recognise its own file format?
I never had any problems like this with version 8.1.
Is there any solution for it?
Try renaming the " .camrec " and lose the two characters appearing at the end of the extension.
See if that corrects the problem.
If not you could contact Tech Support.
This is a Free Service. Submit a ticket at,
Or call, >>> 1.517.381.2300
Toll Free: 800.517.3001 (U.S. & Canada Only)
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST Monday through Friday
Hello there !
I had the same error message for my 8 last created .camrec files after my computer crashed.
After days of investigation and testing different things, I was able to successfully rescue 7 of those files !!!!
This Is What I Did That Worked For Me:
1. Renamed the .camrec files as .avi files.
2. Followed the steps explained in this video to fix the .avi files for FREE:
3. If this also helped you please:
1) Subscribe to that channel named Back To School
2) Subscribe to my channel following this link: