I am having problems with audio mic voiced from a simultaneous recording done at a separate place. I am recording from two separate locations.
1. I hear an echo. Probably from the screen recording. Or a time lag over the Internet is being heard as a faint echo of the Audio in Place one.
2. The screen failed to record.
3. My Camtasia was set for system recording and external mic recording.
4. So to get the screen recording, I shared screens using google hangouts and Place two did the screen recording as well as the audio. I would rather not have to receive a big screen recording over the internet. It would be less trouble if I could do the screen recording on my Place one computer.
4. We did not start our recordings together so it was difficult sync the 2 recordings. How can I make syncing easier? Perhaps I should have a 30 second silence before beginning to talk? Even so, Camtasia was having a hard time syncing. The cursor skipped around. It took a long time to get a reasonable sync.
Place two used a cheap mic, so that sound was poor. We are buying a new mic.
5. The voice of Place one is heard in the screen recording of Place two, but faintly. I am guessing that by separating audio, I could eliminate that separate voice. But, because I had trouble with syncing the voices, I did not want to complicate things. Maybe the computer of both computers should lower the volume of audio in System audio. What do you recommend?
I am going to redo the whole recording and would like some guidance as to how I should set up Camtasia.