Smart Player display issue in Chrome

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago

Anyone else noticed that in the latest version of Chrome, videos published to Smart Player (HTML5/MP4) are not displaying correctly in Chrome? This seems to affect all Camtasia videos we've published with Smart Player, doesn't affect the MP4 file itself. Is it Chrome or something that need tweaking in Camtasia. Using Camtasia 8.1.

Chrome:

IE 11

Thanks for the help!


Photo of Mike S

Mike S

  • 62 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • Nervous

Posted 5 years ago

  • 2
Photo of kayakman

kayakman, Champion

  • 6870 Posts
  • 2195 Reply Likes
I have seen issues with video clarity in chrome with productions from 8.4; don't know about 8.1

try putting browser in full screen mode [F11]; does it look any better?

looks like you are playing using xxx.html;  try using xxx_player.html?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike S

Mike S

  • 62 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Yes, full-screen mode looks good, but shouldn't have to right?

Running xxxx.html  I've noticed this even on Techsmith's own help videos. Check it out in Chrome.

http://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-camtasia-8-scorm-packages.html

That should get their attention! Hey Dave O, can you weigh in?


Photo of Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am experiencing the same issue as Mike.  The video quality is reduced and the timeline doesn't work (can't rewind).  When I view using IE, there are no quality issues and the timeline works as it should.  Like Mike, if I publish to MP4 only (no player) it will work in IE and Chrome.  
Photo of Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Update:  Did some more investigation.  When I access the video directly from the local file or from the file on our intranet site, it works on both IE and Chrome.  However, the issue is when I try and embed a link to the video.  It works on IE but not on Chrome.  We are currently using Sharepoint for our internal internet site.  Not sure if that is causing the issue.
Photo of Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mike,
We confirmed it was a Sharepoint/Chrome issue (not exactly sure what that issue is).  Anyway, we moved the Camtasia output folder to another server (not using Sharepoint) and it worked fine. 
Dave

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.