Of late when I try to capture a screenshot, Snagit lowers the resolution of both the screens - everything on the screens look large.
Because of this, I'm unable to use Snagit to capture parts of a screen - the original intention behind buying Snagit was for this.
I've checked for updates and can confirm that there are no pending updates to be installed.
Snagit (Windows): Snagit UI Appears Too Large or Too Small on the Screen, or Capture Magnifies the Screen
October 08, 2019 06:13
- The Snagit interface looks very large compared to other applications.
- The Snagit interface looks very small compared to other applications
- When starting a capture, the entire screen magnifies and zooms in.
This behavior is caused by either high DPI settings, or different DPI settings for different monitors. Before trying the suggestions below, make sure to have the latest update for the version of Snagit that is installed by clicking Help > Check for updates.
Set the DPI of all monitors to the same setting.
- Select Settings > System > Display.
- Set the scale size to the same setting for all monitors.
- Log out of Windows, and log back in for the changes to take effect.
Windows 8 & 7
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: control panel
- Select Display.
- Set the scale to the same setting for all monitors.
- Windows 8: Select the box to Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays, and set the scale setting to the same setting for all monitors.
- Windows 7: Set the scale to the same setting for all monitors.
This made the text on the laptop too small to read.
Then restarted the laptop.
Then changed the scaling on the laptop monitor to 125% (Recommended).
This made the text readable again and the issue with Snagit seems to have gone too.
So all sorted for now.