Snagit Feedback Feature Voting Results
Thank you for all the responses to Snagit’s special Feedback Feature Request Round-Up!
We went over the results and want to update you on some of the decisions we've made. We've also updated and clarified what the Statuses mean for Ideas. A very important thing to note: marking an Idea as “Under Consideration” is the first step in moving forward with a submitted Idea. The total number of threads marked with “Under Consideration” will be limited, so as not to overpromise and underdeliver.
Here are the Ideas and Statuses for this round (further explanation and details will be added to each Idea below over the next two days):
- Text Capture - 265 votes
- Eyedropper button in Fill Tool - 87 votes
- Allow Snagit Library to be put on a network drive - 69 votes
- Favorite Quick Styles and Tools - 55 votes
- Drag Image from Tray - 54 votes
- Recent Fonts at top of the list - 50 votes
- Snapping objects on canvas - 50 votes
- Effect properties should be remembered - 42 votes
- Better Stamp Searching/Browsing - 34 votes
- Easier way to remove outline on text - 29 votes
Needs More Information
- Quick Access Toolbar - please re-instate the v11 QAT - 39 votes
- Ribbon toolbar ex v11 - please consider to reinstate - 39 votes
- Preview Snag files in Explorer or a Folders view in Snagit - 38 votes
- Custom hotkeys for tools - 35 votes
- Customizable Toolbar Spacing - 29 votes
- Add Capture hyperlinks option to Snagit 13 - 29 votes
- Docking Panels in Editor - 26 votes
- Favorite Stamps - 25 votes
- Border around the canvas image gets in the way - 25 votes
- Snagit v13-Profiles: please show/highlight which one is active - 25 votes
- Schedule start and stop times for video recording - 24 votes
- sFTP Support - 14 votes
Hello TechSmith Community;
In recognition of the significant feedback that the community has provided in regard to Snagit, we are putting together a special round-up.
Please visit the below posts and vote on the topics as soon as possible as we will be tallying votes on June 9th, 2017. We need to ensure we have a full understanding of the requests, the reason for the request, and the priority of the request before we take any action. So, we ask you to review these ideas, add anything missing, and vote on your top priorities in the next week (by June 9th). We will first focus on what is most important to our customer base as a whole as judged by the votes, or if there are no standouts we will focus on what is easiest for us to do first. After a week of clarification and voting, we need another two weeks to evaluate the requests, and respond back with our intentions. If we decide we won’t implement a request, we will explain why.
Voting is easy! Just click the Vote button in the upper right corner of any post in the list below.
(Just make sure you're logged in to an account)
Note that this is not a comprehensive list; if there is a feature not listed here please submit a new feature request. Please be sure to be as clear as possible and include only a single new feature per idea posted; if you have multiple ideas post multiple times.
If you are running into a technical issue or would like to report a potential bug, please open a technical support ticket.
*June 22, 2017 Update - Added Vote Counts and Decisions to corresponding features*