Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Inactive threads; archiving to prevent necroposing
Note: I have noticed that new versions of TechSmith products ( Camtasia, SnagIt ) often exhibit unexpected behavior on computers with multiple monitors, especially when a multi-monitor setup is configured such that the Windows Desktop is not a perfect rectangle. This issue may be dependent on such a display configuration. Historically, but only sometimes, these bugs are addressed in later revisions of new software.
- Ensure that 'Shrink to Fit' is enabled
- create a new image with Ctrl-N, and give it a size of 640 x 480 and a background color of black
- draw a minimum of 20 objects of varying types ( lines, rectangles, text, etc. )
- Edit the objects, by moving, resizing, changing text, grouping, ungrouping, aligning, etc.
- Stop editing, and note the look of your current image
- Click on a different monitor's display area to give that monitor focus, and steal focus from SnagIt
- Notice that the image in SnagIt now looks as it did at some point in the past
- Wave your mouse over portions of the image
- Notice that the image contents change, but are not repaired completely
- Click a different image in the Capture Tray
- Click again on your original image
- Notice that the original image is repaired
- Click on a different monitor
- The SnagIt image is now corrupted again
- Repeat as much as necessary to understand what happens when
- Turn off 'Shrink to Fit'
- THe problem goes away