I've been using Camtasia for Mac & Windows for a couple of years. It works very well, except in some rare circumstances (inherent to all software :D ). However, there are some improvements that I'd like to suggest.
- When extending a track (Shift+E), show a ghost image of the extension so that we can know precisely how far the track extends with the given time. See the image.
- An addition to the previous feature could be the ability to drag the edge of the ghost track. The time in the edit text should automatically reflect based on how far the ghost track is dragged.
- Add an option to keep the scrubber in the middle during playback. The track should move instead of the scrubber. This will allow easy editing of the track.
- Add an option to change the playback speed. This will reduce the editing time as we can hasten the speed at unimportant parts of the track.
- Add an option to change the waveform color :D
- Allow all tool windows to be detachable. Some of us use multi-monitor setup and this feature will be incredibly useful (just like Gimp image editing software).
Be the first to post a reply!