Text in callouts is muted - how to fix?

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago

I am TRYING to use the new 2019 version one more time (before I call it quits and go back to the old one!) and I just cannot seem to figure out how to get a callout that works for me.  No matter what I do, I get this "muted" text.  The old callouts were much easier to work with.  What am I doing wrong??
 

Photo of cwbrunel

cwbrunel

  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of davidlambert

davidlambert

  • 407 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
What do you mean by 'muted' text?
Photo of cwbrunel

cwbrunel

  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Sorry - "muted" was not the best term.  It looks grayed out somewhat.  When I click IN that field, then it becomes clear, bright.  Look at the second callout above- that is on the OLD snagit.  See the text?  It's clear, dark, well-defined. The one with the red text is "dull"....faded looking.  

Hmm...I think I figured it out though.  I think I was probably using the wrong callout.  This new version  is confusing!

 
I can work with this though...much better.
(Edited)
Photo of davidlambert

davidlambert

  • 407 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
I suspect it has to do with the properties of the particular callout. In your first image, the faded callout appears to be partially transparent (opacity set to less than 100, as I can see lines from the background through it) which also reduces the definition of everything within it.





These images show the same callout with different opacities.
(Edited)
Photo of Rick Grunwald

Rick Grunwald

  • 1422 Posts
  • 990 Reply Likes
David gave you a good answer. Please  post back as to whether or not that was the issue so the next person can find it in a search should they have the same experience
Photo of cwbrunel

cwbrunel

  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You know, I did not even notice those lines, so that must have been it.  I ended up just creating a different callout, as I had stated, and using it.  But I have played around with them now and I think I am good with them.  There must have been some default value set that I did not know about.  In the old version I rarely used more than 2 different callout types, and never even got into changing the properties as I what it gave me worked for my purposes. 

Anyway, thanks for the help!


(Edited)