tsproj file saved as a ".a" file and not a tsproj after 5 hours of edits, please help!!!

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Not a Problem
I was about 3 hours into an edited video when my computer froze.  Up until that time I had been saving my file periodically.  When my laptop rebooted, it was able to grab the autosaved file and everything was there.  I did another 2 hours of editing and saved the auto save file to the same title as before but added a ".a" after the name because it was a first version.  Well when I tried to reopen it, the file was missing and it turned into some other type file versus a tsproj file like it was before.  How can I restore this file as a tsproj again because the data is still on it?  I don't want to start back where I was 3 hours ago.  Thanks
Photo of richeward

richeward

  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • very scared about losing this file

Posted 4 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of Dubie

Dubie

  • 998 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Make a copy of the .a file and try to rename the copy with the ext .tsproj and see if that works.

:)
Photo of richeward

richeward

  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks again for your help.  Can't believe that worked :)
Photo of richeward

richeward

  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Holy crap, that worked.  You just saved me 3 hours.  I'm in Las Vegas for a tradeshow and today is my 40th birthday and I was thinking that I'd have to waste my birthday trying to re-do my file.  You are a lifesaver!!!!  Thank you so so much :)

(Edited)