Unable to initialize the audio. If the problem persists, select another microphone or contact Tech. Support. V13.1 I did not have this problem in the earlier version..
It has so many bugs in the version though there so many nice features are relased in this version..
but I am here unfortunately to tell you the things are not working;
The most critical one is the one about audio..I have followed below link the instruuctions
but it simply does not help at all . I totally disabled all my microphones and audio devices
- I've disabled the microphone on my laptop.
- I turned off "Record Microphone" in SnagIt's preferences.
- I also tried it in airplane mode (to see if there were any Bluetooth audio issues).
- I updated the microphone drivers.
- I don't have the "Enable Audio Enhancements" option, so I couldn't try that.
- I tried unchecking the "Allow applications to take exclusive control" option.
- I tried setting AllowMfAudioCapture to 0 in the registry.
- I'm using an MSI laptop so I killed all the Nahimic drivers.
Here's the thing I changed to make it work:
- The microphone's Default Format was set at "DVD Quality" (48000 Hz) so I changed it to "CD Quality" (44000 Hz).
Hope it helps someone.
What (so far) seems to work for me is to turn off the Nahimic audio driver.
Then using regedit, go to feature control for Snagit under: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit
Other posts say to set AllowMfAudioCapture value to 0.
I tried that and it worked once, but then the problem came back.
But I then set AllowMfDeviceDiscovery also to 0.
(Edit: Device discovery appears to be the key, perhaps a typo in the support post that people are referencing. Setting this to 0 and it doesn't seem to matter whether AudioCapture is on or not).
Now capture is working every time (so far!).
Also the recording system audio and microphone (I use a USB Blue Snoball) are working properly, so disabling device discovery doesn't seem to affect that (for me).
1) turn off Nahimic Driver
2) set Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit\AllowMfDeviceDiscovery to 0
1) Here's the thing I changed to make it work:
The microphone's Default Format was set at "DVD Quality" (48000 Hz) so I changed it to "CD Quality" (44000 Hz).
2) start Snagit as Administrator
If you want Snagit being started on system logon then you can create the corresponding task in Scheduler which will start snagit automatically after login. Just make sure that "Run with highest privileges" checkbox is selected.