I uninstalled Snagit during an upgrade. During the uninstall, I opted to save the captures, tags, etc. Now, I cannot find them. Where are they?
If you have difficulty attaching to the old location, here's the registry hack to reconnect to it
- Completely exit Snagit so it is not running in the background (the Editor too; anything related to Snagit needs to be closed)
- Goto Registry Editor (press start and type regedit)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Find the Software folder, then TechSmith
- Click on the 18 folder then in the right-hand pane scroll down to "DataStoreLocation"
- Delete that entry. Yes, delete it.
- Relaunch Snagit and it will ask you where the Datastore is.
- Select your folder